Autumn as a season is typically intertwined with job search, in the urban centers mainly. At the same time in which tourist areas gradually get ready to rest from the hectic summer time. This year is more complex. The touristic season was very limited time- and income-wise. Job search for the winter season has become more urgent than ever.
In Katheti, therefore, we thought that it would be a good idea to collect in one article internet sources about job search. From general content job posting websites to highly specialized portals with tips and news. Whether you are at the beginning of your career or at a crossroads of some sort, you may find something of interest that will help you or even a unique opportunity!
Naturally, most of the sites are in Greek, but there are some English language ones. In that case, the link leads directly to the English website. Also, some of the sites are available in a number of other countries, with postings in the respective languages.
General content ads
We begin with some websites that post general content ads, including job postings. The link leads directly to the job postings’ page.
Dedicated job posting websites
We move to a list of sites dedicated to job search:
- Neuvoo Availabe in over 80 countries
- Careernet By newspaper “Naftemporiki”
- Careerjet Available in 116 countries
- Indeed Including a section with company ratings
If you are interested in internship opportunities, you can look for them at the universities’ Internship Bureaus, as well as at the following websites:
- Atlas Centralized Internship Support system for Greek Higher Education Students. “Atlas” is a centralized online service which interconnects companies that provide internship positions with all academic institutions in Greece by creating a unique internship positions database.
- Job and Practice In Greece, Cyprus, England and Ireland
- Praktikarios.gr Including a page with articles and news on internship
The following sites specialize in certain sections of the work market:
- Careernet Marine English job postings in the maritime industry. By the “Naftemporiki” newspaper.
- Sezon.gr For seasonal jobs
- NgoHeroes Career choices in Civil Society
- Golden Wave English postings for seasonal tourist entertainment jobs in Greece, Spain, Italy and Cyprus
- Itechscope For IT jobs
Of course, for senior executive positions, there are the so-called “head hunters”, like Advanced Management Consulting, which offer human resources services to large companies.
Portals with ads as well as job articles
This category includes websites that don’t limit their services to ads, but offer more comprehensive information about work, through articles and news.
- WorkEnter Ads, as well as comprehensive information about public and private sector, entrepreneurship, education, subsidized work programs, Futurelab, interviews, membership Club with a fee for counseling and information about public hiring announcements, as well as support in the submission process.
Jooble is a customized search engine that uses Google algorithms in order to perform specialized searches only in Greek job posting websites. Jooble is represented in 71 countries and available in 24 languages.
In the social media era, it goes without saying that job search has its own social medium. LinkedIn is the main social medium for presenting, promoting and networking of professionals of all sectors.
Katheti’s “Life & Career” program
We strived to compile an as much as possible comprehensive list of the work market websites. Of course, in the digital world, things change constantly and our best friend remains keyword searching using the browser that suits us best.
The most important factor in job searching, though, is a deep self-knowledge: personality, interests, values and skills. Our knowledge as to these aspects of ourselves is our best guide in career selection. Katheti, withing the framework of the “Life & Career” program, offers its members very important career services:
- Free Career Guidance (by paying only for the psychometric tests, at the cost price of 50 euros) for adolescents and youth, or people on a pivoting point in their career.
- Free individual Coaching sessions, for maximizing your professional and personal potential.
- Videos and written interviews by Local Mentors, speaking about their work, introducing the world of their profession and share advice and innovative ideas they may have applied in their work.
Happy searching and don’t hesitate to contact us for further information about our programs!