Ways of communication
In the 21st century, the ways of communication have acquired a completely different form than what we knew. Technology evolves rapidly. We have entered a new age of information, which sometimes makes our life easier and others has the exactly opposite results. The information in which each of us has now access favor objective knowledge, multi-faceted research, pluralism and dialogue. Having ever-yielding sources of information and data now, we are trying to utilize them in the best possible manner. Of course, not everyone can cope with the speed in which technology is evolving in our times.
Katheti is trying to follow this technological development, thus we consider important to present you our ways of communication. With this article, we would like to explain to you when, why and where you may learn our news.
A simple way to stay updated is our monthly newsletter, which we send by email every end of the month. With this, we inform Katheti’s friends about the coming month’s activities and about local cultural news. You can subscribe by filling in an electronic application or by dropping by our Galatas space.
Social Media are now an integral part of most people’s daily life, irrespective of age. Their use varies, but the main rule is that they function as means for networking and exchange of ideas. Katheti uses two of the most prominent social media in order to keep our internet friends constantly updated:
- Facebook: On a daily basis, we post Katheti’s news, as well as local cultural news, which we share.
- Instagram: In the time of visual culture and speedy information in which we live, we couldn’t stay away from Instagram. By following as on Instagram, you may learn our news through our stories and posts, three times a week.
On our Channel, you will find videos from the Online Painting Lessons, the Local Mentors, and other Katheti’s activities.
The source that we constantly feed with news, people, ideas and activities is our website. We publish articles and events and is always available for your timely update both in Greek and in English. It is constantly refreshed and it is the source from which we update all the aforementioned ways of communication.
Click here for a small tour of our website:
- Home: On top, you can see a slideshow with our main current programs. A little further down, you can see our calendar. There you can see all our events and lessons that have a fixed date and time. Even further down, you will find all our articles on a chronological order, starting with the most recent. Below are our three most recent events, then one event category (such as entrepreneurship) is highlighted. Last but not least, below that, you have the opportunity to shift through our events grouped into five categories: Activities (for visitors in the area), Mind-Body (activities for mind and body balance), Work Skills, Entrepreneurship, Culture.
- About us: Here, you will find a few words about Katheti’s people, our objectives, our values and our vision
- Events: On the “Events” page, you can find all Katheti’s activities divided into the five categories described above. You may choose the category you are interested in and find the respective current and future events. Also, at the bottom there is an archive of our older events. You can filter your search according to year, category and month.
- Blog: Clicking the “Blog” tab on the menu, you are transferred to our articles’ page. There are three types of articles: about our activities; interviews of people who have interacted in some way with Katheti or the local area; local news and third parties’ activities which we considered important to share with you.
- Support us: Clicking the “Support us” tab on the menu, you are transferred to Katheti’s support page. Do you share our vision and would like to support us? You can do so either by donating or by volunteering. You can learn more in this article.
- At the footer, there are links to our newsletter sign-up form, and to our social media.
Katheti also share its actions through the local press. This way, you can be informed through the local electronic and printed newspapers (PorosNews and Saronic Magazine) and news sites. We aim at informing local residents in any possible way and inspire them to participate in our activities.
Katheti’s physical location
Ιnternet communication means are great, but we never seized believing in the power of direct human communication and physical presense.
On 25 March St., in Galatas, you will find our physical space. You can pass by so that we talk and exchange ideas, or solve any questions you may have. You will find us for sure Monday to Friday 11:00-13:00 and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 16:00-18:00, but also outside of these hours, whenever you see the sign “Come in” on our door.
Katheti’s team has also prepared a comprehensive presentation of our organization and has started a Door-to-Door informative campaign. More details about this action, here.
Finally, you can always call us (+30 22980 43825) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any question or clarification request.